- Mixed salad greens (such as rocket, baby spinach, and kale)
- 1 medium-sized mango, pear or other seasonal fruit - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans or macadamias work well)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup golden orange caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Spread the chopped nuts on a baking sheet and roast them in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salad greens, thinly sliced pear, dried apricots, and crumbled feta cheese. Toss gently to combine.
- To dress, simply pour over the balsamic vinegar and olive oil (or whisk together first if preferred) and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss gently to ensure that the ingredients are well coated.
- Sprinkle the roasted nuts over the salad just before serving.
The lemon pressed extra virgin olive oil complements perfectly with our golden orange caramelised balsamic vinegar to produce a flavourful dressing that is simple to make, while also providing health benefits. Enjoy!
For a different twist try adding avacado and pair our garlic infused orgnic extra virgin olive oil with roasted capsicum vinegar for the dressing.